Today, I’m linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What? for their Friday Five Linkup. Let’s talk about April and my fitness goals! My goals are all around staying injury free. Obviously, some injuries I can’t prevent, but I really want to keep myself not-injured this month and frankly, the rest of the year.
1. See a biomechanics expert. I am chronically injured on the left side of my body, so I’m doing something about it. It won’t be cheap, but I’m going to see a biomechanics expert starting Monday and I’m excited to share my experience with you all! More importantly, I’m very excited to figure out where my imbalances are and start working to correct them.
2. Cross train & strength train twice a week. Now that we have a cardio room set up, this will not be difficult! I have a stationary bike and a rowing machine for cross training, both in front of a Netflix-enabled TV. For strength, I’m not going to go too heavy this month, but just focus on consistently building strength each week.
3. Foam roll every night. No explanation needed here, I just need to do this!
4. Drink 64 oz of water daily. This is important anyways, but now that we are getting back into hot running, it’s even more important to stay hydrated. I have a 16oz water bottle, so I’ll aim to drink 4 bottles full of water daily.
5. Build a base back up to 20 miles a week. By the end of the month, I’d like to be feeling strong in my running and be consistent again with my mileage.
So there you have it! What are your goals for April?