This week, I’m linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up for What? for their Friday Five Linkup! This week’s topics is “favorites”, so I thought I’d share 5 songs that are my favorite for running – they make it onto every playlist I create! There is just something about these songs…either the lyrics or the beat that give me an instant pick-me-up as soon as they come on.
- Hello Good Morning by Diddy. I originally saw this song on a commercial – something with football – perhaps the NFL or Under Armor. At any rate, as a morning runner, this one is on constant rotation.
- Remember The Name by Fort Minor. This song is actually about a musician/songwriter, but the chorus can apply to any activity that requires hard work to reach a goal (like running!). The beat of this song gets me going, as well.
- Death Valley by Fall Out Boy. Here’s a secret: I actually have several entire Fall Out Boy albums on my playlists (the newer ones). There is just something about the rhythm of their songs that is perfect for my running.
- Winner by Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, T.I. Who doesn’t love a little JT singing about being a winner?!
- Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz. I can’t explain why I like this song, but something about the beat I just love. Whatever happened to Lenny Kravitz anyways, besides acting in The Hunger Games?
What is the one song that always makes it onto your running playlist?!Five songs to add to your running playlist Click To Tweet