January was a great month for me for running!! I feel like I had so many accomplishments that will set me up for the rest of the year, and I really got started on the right foot towards my goal of 4 half marathons this year.
* I decreased my average pace by 34 seconds
* I started this running blog
* I joined a training program for my next half marathon
* I met up with a local running group and made some new running friends
* I learned about proper running form and injury prevention
*I stuck to my goal of cross training at least once a week
* I remained injury free!
I’m super excited for what February will bring. To round out the month, I treated myself to some new running shoes! These Sauconys are so different than my current Brooks. I got refitted after my last Good Form Running class. I hadn’t been fitted since before I started running (about 2 years ago!), and when I got fitted, I was pronating….but I’m not anymore. So I’ve moved from a stability shoe to a neutral shoe. One of the problems I was having with my last shoe was that the heel was just way too padded–it was hard NOT to heel-strike. Turns out the shoe I was in was a 10mm heel drop, these are only a 4mm. It’s a huge difference. I can’t wait to break them in during my February runs!